The pattern I am using is #15 Harlow Suit Jacket from Verena Knitting January 2010 - it is a rather cute peplum design with contrast collar and front bands:
I chose a plum yarn as the contrast, and even though there is no plum in the tweedy flecks it seems to work OK. This is a fairly dull colour to wear next to my face, so I thought plum would increase the flattery factor. (If I was going to follow the tweedy flecks I would have had the option of lime green, royal blue, watermelon pink, or lemon yellow, so now you understand!)
I'm making it more fitted than the picture - using smaller needles, making it up as I go along... I will make long sleeves - I've done half one but ripped it back today as it was too tight. It is going to look quite 40's don't you think?
A lot of knitting was done on our holiday - it really helps to take a road trip if you want to make inroads into your knitting!
And when I came back, I discovered lots of blog awards waiting in the comments! Thanks so much to the following bloggers for these awards:
- belle1996 from Mercury Handmade Fashion - for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Lena Merrin from The Sewing Space - for the Kreativ Blogger Award
- Vicki Perry from Ruffles and Whiskers - for another Versatile Blogger Award
Now, I'm going to break the rules here:
- Instead of listing seven things about myself, I'm going to refer you to my new-ish About Me page - just click on the tab at the top!
- Instead of listing 15 more blogs, I'm going to send you to the side bar where there is a selection of fabulous blogs - click on the 15 that pique your interest the most, and make sure you leave some comments along the way!
- I know I'm a terribly naughty and lazy rule-breaker for doing this, but I am trying to save time so I can get some sewing done today... cool, I knew you'd understand!
Speaking of blogs listed in my side bar - I deleted my blog roll by mistake! I blame Husband actually - he bought home the bottle of bubbly, and poured me a glass, or two, and he should know not to do this when I am fiddling around with blog buttons that say things like 'cancel' or 'remove'... I've added some links back today - it is such a tedious job, but eventually I will get there.
What has amazed me, is how one week without my blog list makes me feel so out of touch - I missed out on amazing things like Katherine's swimsuit, Jane's Mad Men Dress, and all your OWOPs organised by Tilly! Kind of like a part of my life was missing - and I suppose it was!